- Introduction of participants and course overview
- Introduction of PV module technologies (mono, poly and TF)
- Module technical behavior (I-V curves, flash reports, MPP-tracking)
- Introduction to inverter technology and string design
- Function of DC junction boxes
- Module quality (IEC 61215)
- Shading analysis and referring spatial arrangement of PV modules on the roof
Case study – after a PV power plant has been designed spatially, participants will now…
▪ Analyse an inverter’s DC input parameters, and,
▪ Size the PV arrays accordingly.
- Participants will be working with a real Single Line Diagram of MW scale roof top plant in India.
- Participants will understand various scenarios for electrical faults on DC and AC side.
- Introduction to measures of electrical protection on DC and AC side
- Connection principles and load flow.
- Differences between evacuation in LT and HT
- Participants will understand DC to AC ratio and the implications for plant design and overall cost
- Solar resource evaluation
- Introduction to energy yield estimation software (PVSyst)
- Concepts of CUF, spec. energy yield and PR
- Yield estimation using the Performance Ratio concept.
- Plant health vs. plant management
- Participants will be able to apply the IEC 62446 for Testing & Commissioning in theory and practise
- Q + A